THE DEVELOPMENT OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND SPORT LEARNING
THE DEVELOPMENT OF
PHYSICAL EDUCATION ANDSPORT LEARNING Sugiharto Jurusan Ilmu Keolahragaan FIK UNNES Semarang
PP NO 19 TAHUN 2005 PMP
(1) subject mastery; (2) pupils understanding; (3) teaching method mastery; and (4) personality and professionalism improvement.
Those consequences belong to teachers, including physical education and sport teachers
That is why an educator must have academic
qualification and competency as an education
agent, be healthy physically and
psychologically, and be able to perform national
education goal (PP. No.19: 2005)
one of them is learning development
through presenting material interestingly
and humane, and speeding the
competence mastery these needs are
- Physical education and sport is an effective and efficient mean to increase discipline and responsibility, creativity and innovation, and to develop emotional quotient (Wiranto Arismunandar, 1999)
- Physical education and sport is an education that uses physical activities as a mean to meet goals. Meeting the goals, a systematic plan to improve an individual organically, neuromuscularly, perceptually, cognitively, socially, and emotionally, is needed (Depdiknas, 2003a)
- – managing analysis of needs
- – making plan
- – developing product (learning)
– managing small-group try out of the developmental product
- – Revision of the product
- – Managing field-tryout
- After the product development produced, then a small group tryout to 6-12 physical-education and sport teachers is administered using the product.
- The tryout is to find out the difficulty level of the subjects to understand the developmental product so that the subjects are able to construct teaching- learning materials.
- The weaknesses found in the tryout are then used for revising the product.
- The result of the small-group tryout is then analyzed and and perfected according to the proposals of the physical education and sport teachers in the training.
- It is expected that the product revised will be understood easier so that it is helpful for the teachers to construct physical education and sport teaching-learning plan.
These are parallel to Annario (1980); he said
that a good physical education and sport mustbe able to develop four aspects, which are: (a)Physic; (b) psychomotor; (c) cognitive; and (d) affective.
The aspects can be reached when the
implementation of Physical education and sportconsiders four aspects:
(a) principals; (b) contents; (c) learning strategy; and (d) the precision of measurement device used
Developing Steps Developing The data of the field-needs analysis are available The plan of the development can be made,
The development of the product can be implemented then Research and development by Borg and Gall (1983) The steps are described as follows:
1. Analysis of Needs
teaching-learning preparation, teaching-learning process, and teaching-learning value
reading literature, field-observation, and interviewing teachers or students.
Data of teaching-learning preparation of state junior
high schools’ physical-education and sport teachers
in Semarang city. N=40
NO KIND OF ACTIVITY PERCENTAGE OF
1 Annual program
2 Semestral program 50 %
3 Arranging syllabus 15 %
4 Making lesson plans 15 %
5 Constructing evaluation-form 15 % In accordance to the data above, it seems that physical-education
Sport teachers in Semarang city need training of
Constructing teaching-learning preparation
Lesson plans, and
This method must also consider the proportion of thetraining burden, which must be different from a seminar
3. Product Development
Preparing determining instructional goals and books or evaluation-tool of theprogram
Based on the description above, the product development can be training-guidancebook for teaching-learning preparation, the method of using the book, and constructing evaluation-tools to measure the success of the training
In this step, a model or prototype as the miniature of the condition needed by thetrainee has been created.
The product itself will be used in training
The product must be constructed by experts and assisted by experts of this field.
They can be content (material) experts and teaching-learning expert (as the planners)
Validation is administered by experts of physical-education and sport, lectures ofphysical-education and sport science, or physical-education and sport teachers mastering the materials
4. Small Group Try- out
5. Revision of The First
6. Field Tryout
The next step is trying out the revised product to another group. Then, it is be analyzed to be perfected. This step is managed repeatedly until the best result is achieved.
In brief, the developmental steps can also be described with scientific method cycle, which are:
1.Identification of the problems
2.Analysis and determining the problems
ConclusionThe development of physical education and sport teaching learning must be based on the field needs so it will be more functional for users.
The developmental steps can be administered as follows:
1.Analyzing the needs
3.Developing product (teaching learning product)
4.Trying out the product in small group
5.Revising the product
6.Trying out the product in field
To make physical education and
sport teaching learning better,
physical education and sport
teachers should always innovate
their teaching continuously through
training, revising their teaching
preparation, and always up-dating